Tuesday, August 09, 2005

went to the hospital

I went to the hospital yesterday.
Because I had a sore throat and the fever with temperatures above 38 degrees Celsius.
I waited an hour for my turn to be examined, and I got the doctor's opinion.
The findings in careful evaluation by doctor that it's just a cold. Phew. I was relieved.
The doctor gave me a prescription for my illness. So I went to the pharmacy to fill my doctor's prescription. I was given a 5-day course of medicine -- combination cold remedy, antibiotic drug, throat lozenge and throat washing --. The total -- diagnosis and medicines -- was about 1500 yen. Woow, inexpensive ! Thanks to health insurance system we are able to go see any doctor for a reasonable price. But, actually, there are many misgivings about the current health insurance system.

I should take this opportunity to recharge my battery.

6 Comments:

Blogger cow said...

I hope you do feel better now. Sending you honey and love.

11:21 AM  
Blogger chikache said...

Hi, Karl ;) A thousand thanks :*
Finally, my fever was gone down the day before yesterday.
Fortunately, my recovery is progressing nicely now ;)

10:55 AM  
Blogger _shu said...

You're all right now?

6:01 PM  
Blogger chikache said...

Hi ;) Thank you, shu !!
Yes, I feel well now.
Uh .... but, actually, I have a slight cough and I went to the hospital a week ago Saturday again. A summer cold is lingering, you know :)

12:43 AM  
Blogger joka2000 said...

Take care!
But......
Recent Japanese guideline for common cold recommended OTC cold medicine not antibiotics. Antibiotic is not effective for virus, and makes antibiotics resistance bacteria.
Sory about this, but this is the right path.

7:44 PM  
Blogger chikache said...

Hi, Joka !!
Thanks for your kind comments.
I'll take care about that.
Thanks ;)

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home